If you have not tried a paraffin wax treatment just yet, now is the right time to do so!
Winter can be hard on the hands – cold, wind and artiicial heating can dry out your skin making your hands look older and feel dry.
Paraffin wax treatments are a luxurious treat that can help you achieve baby-soft skin.
Your treatment begins with a hand exfoliation and massage. Your hands are then coated in warm paraffin wax, which feels amazing while it warms your hands and opens up the pores of your skin, allowing the moisturiser to penetrate deeply into the layers of the skin.
Your hands are wrapped in warm cozy mitts for 10-15 minutes to allow the moisturiser to absorb.
The end result is super hydrated, yournger looking hands that feel incredibly soft and smooth.
A Paraffin treatment is perfect for those with very dry hands, and those who wash their hands in water or alcohol based hand cleansers, eg nurses, health care workers.
Paraffin can be added onto your regular nail service or as a stand alone treatment.
You can also indulge in a paraffin treat for your feet!
To book your luxurious hand treatment phone us on 88388341 or book online
What’s so great about a Lash Lift?
Lash Lifts are becoming one of our popular treatments!
If you have always wanted longer, fuller looking lashes that give the Wow factor but have not been keen on having extensions and want a low maintrenance option then a Lash Lift could be the perfect option for you.
A Lash Lift is a treatment that is actually quite relaxing and gives straight lashes a natural curl.
Here are our top Lash Lift Benefits:
- Enhances your natural lashes without the need for ongoing maintenance.
- No more need for eyelash curlers!
- Makes your morning routine so much faster.
- No need for mascara.
- Your lashes look thicker, fuller and longer.
- Your eyes will appear more open and awake
- They are a great alternative to Eyelash Extensions which can be time consuming to have done and require refills.
- Low maintenance.
- Minimal aftercare is required.
- Lasts around 6 weeks sometimes 8 depending on the health of your lashes and how they take to the treatment.
- A Lash Lift is perfect for Special Occasions, Weddings / Honeymoons or as a regular treat every few months.
- After the treatment you will definitely say “Wow” but just wait until the next day when they look even better!
Phone us at Retreat to book your Lash Lift treatment on 03 88388341 or Book ONLINE now
*A patch test may be required prior to your appointment, especially if you have experienced sensitrivity in the eye area and this is your first lash lift.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids – What Are AHAs and Should you be using them?
AHAs, or Alpha Hydroxy Acids are actually molecules found in fruit and milk.
Normal Facial scrubs physically exfoliate (remove dead skin cells) your skin using little particles you can feel with your fingers.
In AHA skincare products you can’t feel the exfoliating bits but they sure are there.
AHAs are generally more effective than traditional exfoliating products, resulting in softer smoother skin after use.
Alpha hydroxy acids act as chemical exfoliants, which help to loosen and get rid of the dead skin cells on your skin’s surface, revealing the newer, fresher skin underneath.
Benefit of using AHAs:
- they help with fine lines and wrinkles
- lighten darken spots on your skin, such as sun spots and pigmentation
- smoother looking and feeling skin
- fewer breakouts
Things to be aware of when using AHAs:
While using AHAs is that your sensitivity to sun can be increased. make sure you wear sunscreen every day.
Sensitive skin may react to AHAs, as with any product always test first.
Using products at home containing AHAs in your daily skincare routine combined with regular in salon peel treatments will give you the best results.
We use and recommend Organicspa Lactic gel cleanser and facial peel treatments.
Lactic gel cleanser achieved highly commended status in the 2018 Natural beauty awards.
We also offer AHA salon treatments which are more concentrated to help bring out the beautiful, fresh skin underneath.
Have you used AHAs on your skin?
SAY “I DO” WITH A NATURAL, LONG LASTING GLOW FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY
Walk down the aisle on your special day, with the specifically formulated, intensely moisturizing, pH balancing, medium level bronzing spray tan.
Odour-free, Perfect Bride delivers a natural looking, gorgeous tan.
Perfect Bride Pro Spray tan suits all skin types and tones for those wanting a natural long lasting glow for their wedding day.
~No orange tones
~No fake tan smell
~A natural long lasting glow for your special day
Phone us on 03 88388341 to book a tan or discuss your wedding tan.
Which Cleanser is right for my skin?
Does your skin feel tight or irritated after cleansing?
If so, you may be using the wrong cleanser…
Cream cleansers are suitable for most skin types and conditions, especially dry, sensitive, mature and normal skin.
Foaming cleansersare suitable for oily/problem skin.
Exfoliating cleansers are suitable for most skins especially mature, pigmented, dull skin
Find your perfect cleanser:
Gently cleanses skin, dissolves makeup including eye makeup.
Contains nourishing avocado oil and soothing camomile.
½ pump is enough for the entire face and décolletage.
Remove with Cleansing cloth.
An oil free luxurious foam cleanser suits oily/problem skin
Dampen skin and pump a small amount over face – avoiding eyes.
Contains cooling and soothing aloe vera and antimicrobial lemon myrtle to clean skin and purify without stripping or drying out.
Remove with Cleansing cloth.
Lightweight liquid gel texture which refreshes, mildly exfoliates and brightens skin.
Contains lactic acid for gentle exfoliation, calendula for healing and moisturising and Seabuckthorn fruit to deliver antioxidants and vitamins.
Apply with fingertips and add a small amount of water to create a gentle foam to activate this renewing cleanser, leave on 1-2 minutes for optimum results.
Remove with Cleansing cloth
Not sure of your skin type or need some advice?
Get in touch and we’ll help you work uout your most effective skincare solutions
SNS Nails are a product brand – one of many nail dipping systems designed to enhance your natural nails.
A base gel is applied and dipped in your chosen powder colour, building layers and refining to provide strong, natural looking nails, followed by a sealer and top gel.
Dipping Nails are:
- low in odour
- light weight
- glossy in finish
- dry in a flash – no more smudges!
- no UV light needed
- look great!
At Retreat Nail and Beauty Lounge our priorities are:
- Creating a positive and relaxing experience for our clients
- Maintaining health of the natural nail.
- Hygiene and sanitation
- Gentle removal to help keep natural nails in their original condition
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our nails, attention to detail and exceptional customer service
Dipping Nails Maintenance:
To keep your nails looking good and maintain the health of your natural nails we recommend the following:
- regular 2-3 weekly maintenance visits (depending on length and how fast your nails grow)
- Treat your nails as Jewells, not tools. Using your nails as tools to pick off stickers, open cans etc will weaken the bond and cause chipping, lifting and breakage.
- If any lifting or breakage occurs get it seen to as soon as possible
- Wear gloves when washing dishes, gardening etc
- Avoid putting your hands in harsh chemicals or detergents
- Book your appointments ahead of time to avoid delays in nail maintenance
For an extra treat try our divine Collagen hand mask to nourish your hands while we work on your nails.
Finishing with a relaxing hand massage, you’ll wonder why you haven’t done this before!
Nail Art: Our glitter queens love to give your nails that extra special touch. From $2 per nail.
Stop skipping, tugging and pulling your eyeliner with this specially formulated waterproof gel eyeliner.
Instantly transform your lashline by making it look darker, richer and thicker.
Genie Superglide Gel Eyeliner is:
Available in your choice of:
• Black OR
• Espresso (Brown)
Tips for Use:
Make sure the tip is sharpened to a point using the sharpener included.
For a smoky, sexy look, smudge the liner with a small brush before the 90 second setting time.
For a fine line, draw a line close to your lashline. The closer you get to your lashline, the more natural look you will achieve.
Genie Superglide Gel Eyeliner is available here
Are you a qualified Beauty Therapist looking for work or know someone who is?
We are looking for a bright personality to join our friendly team!
Hours: Casual leading to permanent part time or full time
Services may include spray tanning, waxing, lash lift, eyelash extensions, facial treatments, manicure/pedicure.
Please send your resume to Julie at: email@example.com
|Sugar is the new wax!|
Have you tried sugaring?
Sugaring is hair removal using sugar paste!
We love it (and you will too) because:
– Sugaring is more gentle than waxing – It takes longer for the hair to grow back and is smoother in between visits
– Sugaring lasts longer
– doesn’t leave the skin as red
– it’s all natural-can be done on the most sensitive skin
– it sticks to the hair and not the skin
– removes dead skin cells leaving your skin feeling silky smooth
– tends to be less painful
-no hair breakage
-Sugaring also leads to permanency because the hair is removed in the earliest growth phase
-All areas can be sugared
– The sugar paste we use is not heated
– Our sugar paste is also Vegan
Once you try sugaring you’ll never look back!
To book in your sugaring phone is on 88388341 or book online at: www.retreatnailandbeautylounge.com.au
Have a gorgeous day and don’t forget to make time for you xox
– Julie and the Retreat team