Is wearing a face mask ruining your skin?
Is wearing a face mask all day ruining your skin?
Facial coverings are now the norm, and in some areas and occupations – mandatory. While keeping us safe from Covid-19, face masks can be a real problem for our skin when worn all day!
This can be due to the lack of air flow to the face, and also when you breathe, moisture and sweat accumulates and sits on your skin, trapped in a dark, warm environment perfect for breeding skin problems and blocking the pores.
On top of this, the mask rubs against your skin, interfering with the skin’s protective layer, leading to issues such as acne, sensitivity, dryness, itching, dermatitis and rosacea flare ups.
How to keep your skin healthy when wearing masks all day
- Change your mask regularly. Have several masks on hand so you can change them through the day.
- Be aware of detergent residue on the mask, which can irritate the skin. Rinse really well and change your detergent to a hypoallergenic, fragrance free brand if you feel this is creating problems.
- Start and finish the day with clean skin. Cleanse thoroughly morning and night.
- Wear an effective protective moisturiser suited to your skin type. This will help your skin to retain moisture, as well as provide a protective barrier to prevent nasty bacteria from getting into your skin!
- Spray an alcohol free toner onto your skin through the day to refresh and clean your skin.
- Avoid harsh scrubs and peels – save them for later. A gentle exfoliant is all you need to help unblock the pores and remove build up of dead skin cells.
- Avoid heavy pore clogging makeup. We recommend Eco minerals makeup, which contains healing minerals and does not block the pores.
- Try to avoid activities that cause excessive sweating while wearing your mask.
Our top products for keeping your skin healthy during the pandemic
Heart and Soul Botanicals:
The Heart and Soul Botanicals skin care range is perfect for all skin types, including sensitive.
Infused with natural botanical ingredients to heal, detoxify and calm the skin, Heart and Soul Botanicals has everything you need to keep your skin healthy and clear under those masks:
Pink Clay Mask:
Heart and Soul Australian Pink Clay Mask healing herbal powders of Chamomile, Aloe Vera and Calendula to soothe and calm the skin.
Use once a week, leave on for 10-15 minutes to calm and heal your skin.
Heart and Soul Anti-ageing repair serum will help to rebuild and repair while providing the skin with essential vitamins & minerals for daily renewal.
Apply morning and night to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
A complete rejuvenating skincare package to protect and heal your skin at a special price. Includes:
- Natural Cream Cleanser
- Essential Daily Moisturiser
- Anti-ageing repair serum
- Pink Clay Mask
- Free bonus mask mixing bowl
Order yours before they sell out!
Protective face masks are available for purchase here
Stay safe xox
Thankyou to all the medical staff working so hard during this difficult time xox